Sign in to follow this  
Jack Sparrow

The Rest of Scottish Fitba Thread

29 minutes ago, Gazza Bazza said:

Is that Edward guy injured?

And totally over rated.

I doubt they paid anywhere near the £9m mark for him, but if they did then they were completely bumped.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DazzM said:

Was at Celtc Park today. Celtc look poor. Really poor. 

Still winning games though. Last 2 seasons we have played well in games and dropped points. Makes me nervous for tomorrow as they keep grinding out results while being poor

8 hours ago, greyhareuk said:

And totally over rated.

I doubt they paid anywhere near the £9m mark for him, but if they did then they were completely bumped.

They paid £9m because he scored 2 goals against a defence of Tav, Martin, McCrorie and Halliday with Alnwick in goals, and one against Alves and Bates when they were down to 10.  

11 hours ago, the fresh prince said:

Still winning games though. Last 2 seasons we have played well in games and dropped points. Makes me nervous for tomorrow as they keep grinding out results while being poor

They don’t really? 

2 defeats and a draw out of 7 is pretty poor for them.

Celtc 3 Livingston 1

Hearts 1 Celtc 0

Celtc 1 Hamilton 0

Celtc 1 Rangers 0

St Mirren 0 Celtc 0

Kilmarnock 2 Celtc 1

Celtc 1 Aberdeen 0

That’s terrible form for them.

On 29/09/2018 at 19:34, greyhareuk said:

And totally over rated.

They have to win the treble, get out of the CL groups and Edouard to earn x amount of caps before it gets anywhere near 9m - Rodgers said that at a press conference

• Like 1

On 01/10/2018 at 16:46, jgejnr said:

They have to win the treble, get out of the CL groups and Edouard to earn x amount of caps before it gets anywhere near 9m - Rodgers said that at a press conference

Yup, probably a lot closer to £5-6m.

Just seen the Celtc team for tonight and Scott Brown aside that’s pretty much their strongest 11.

We should have nothing to fear from this mob, especially when you see their bench.

We need a win at the weekend but kinda also hoping that Aston Villa feck about with Rodgers now that Steve Bruce has been given the bullet.

• Like 2

Big punt up the park..tav like defending

Hopefully they get beat 5.1

3 minutes ago, greyhareuk said:

Now 2-1 Salzburg!

Come on the Bulls. Gore the hell out of those pretenders. 

Vienna are 15 points behind Salzburg in the league. We really need to be winning tonight before we mock them!

• Mint 3

14 hours ago, greyhareuk said:

Vienna are 15 points behind Salzburg in the league. We really need to be winning tonight before we mock them!

Challenge accepted, challenge complete.

Up ye Celtc.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/scotland/45778670

3:30 in...  Motherwell thuggery still being tolerated by referees.

Carl McHugh of Motherwell with a forearm smash on Declan Gallagher (the wee arse that was winding our players up at the end last week.......what a shame), splitting him open a belter.   Despite the victim being a cretin, it was only a yellow card.

image.png

Then in the next highlight there he made a bad tackle, studs up right over the top of the ball which he got a second yellow for. Another one that could easily have been a straight red. image.png

Almost everywhere now reporting that Villa will approach Celtc for Rodgers, the BBC going with him ruling himself out though, simply because he said he is enjoying Celtc and has more to do there. Some awful pishy pishy pish reporting going on there.

1 hour ago, Iggybumtastic said:

Almost everywhere now reporting that Villa will approach Celtc for Rodgers, the BBC going with him ruling himself out though, simply because he said he is enjoying Celtc and has more to do there. Some awful pishy pishy pishy pishy pish reporting going on there.

I don't think he'll leave. Why would he drop down the Championship? He sees himself as a Premier League manager. 

The quote I seen attributed to him was something like, “How can I rule myself out of a job I haven’t been officially ruled in to”. Which is completely ridiculous.

I imagine he see’s himself as a top tier, EPL manager which he is not. Already seen comments saying he should wait for the Man Utd job...

The BBC headline is "Celtc: Brendan Rodgers rules himself out of Aston Villa job".

The quote is "you can't rule me out because I have never been asked".

🤔

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

The BBC headline is "Celtc: Brendan Rodgers rules himself out of Aston Villa job".

The quote is "you can't rule me out because I have never been asked".

🤔

To be fair to the BBC, Rodgers was asked about it yesterday by Chris McLaughlin on BBC Sportsound. He went on to say how great a club Villa are, top half EPL club etc etc but he's happy at Celtc. He didn't rule it out right away but McLaughlin then asked him "So you'd rule yourself out then?".

Rodgers said yes.

You can see it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/45782436

4 hours ago, BuddyTheElf said:

I don't think he'll leave. Why would he drop down the Championship? He sees himself as a Premier League manager. 

Money, same reason he's at Celtc.

Villa can easily afford to bank roll him too with their new owners.